Assistant Director, Center for Historical Research
The Science History Institute is recruiting for the full-time position of Assistant Director, Center for Historical Research. The Assistant Director will collaborate with the Director of the Center for Historical Research to administer the international fellowship program of the Beckman Center for the History of Chemistry; maintain local, national and international contacts and collaborations; organize scholarly workshops, symposia and conferences; and draft grant proposals. The Assistant Director will also oversee communications with the Beckman Center alumni network; conduct research projects in the history of the modern physical or biological sciences, broadly construed, that make use of the Institute’s collections; and develop the historical research culture of the Institute, building an international reputation in the process.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree.
- Research expertise in the history of modern physical or biological science/technology.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of research, to include evidence of scholarly achievement, preferably through peer-reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated record of success in their ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, in research and administrative roles.
- Superior research skills, including qualitative data analysis and archival research.
- Demonstrated organizational aptitude and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- High level of scientific and technical literacy, curiosity and aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to attend evening and occasional weekend events.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter, CV/resume, a recent publication, and the contact information for 3 professional references to:
Deadline: Saturday March 7, 2020