AJI call for applications for a one-day book manuscript workshop
The Ann Johnson Institute (AJI) for Science, Technology and Society at the University of South Carolina welcomes applications for a one-day book manuscript workshop to be held in the Winter/Spring Term 2024.
In its fourth year, these annual workshops target individuals at any career stage who have not previously published a monograph. We are happy to consider individuals with or without publishing contracts. The successful applicant will have a first-time book manuscript near completion at the time of applying. We will invite up to three senior experts in the author’s field. A small group of relevant local experts may also attend. If interested, please apply here.
- The successful applicant will be expected to deliver a full draft of their manuscript to all workshop participants no later than one month before the workshop convenes
- During the workshop five hours will be devoted to a chapter-level discussion of the manuscript, with a break in the middle for lunch
- There will be a notetaker and moderator for the duration of the workshop
- The workshop will end with a dinner
- Invited experts will provide written feedback to the author before or after the workshop
We looking forward to reading your proposals.
Leah & Allison