ECP MWG Offers 15-20 opportunities in several categories of the STEMM enterprise (deadline 29 March 2023)
AAAS Multidisciplinary Working Groups (MWGs) aim to leverage the multidisciplinary strengths, advisory perspective and knowledge of AAAS to address a timely and high-impact issue, with the goal of developing actionable steps to enact change in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM).
The Empowering Career Pathways in STEMM MWG (ECP MWG) will convene to address major issues that have presented barriers to individuals entering STEMM careers and challenges to retaining talent, The ECP MWG is charged with evaluating opportunities for change within the scientific enterprise to support diverse career growth and achievement.
For more on STEMM: https://www.aaas.org/governance/empowering-career-pathways-stemm-multidisciplinary-working-group
HOW TO APPLY
Approximately 15-20 members are being sought for the ECP MWG who fall into at least one of the following categories in the STEMM enterprise:
- Early-career: no more than 3 years beyond final training/terminal degree or 3 years in current position; academic or non-academic; fellows may be considered
- Mid-career: at least 3 and no more than 10 years beyond final training/terminal degree; academic or non-academic
- Advanced-career: 10+ years beyond final training/terminal degree; mid-management or executive level; academic or non-academic
- Individual(s) at non-profit organizations
- Individual(s) at philanthropic organizations
- Individual(s) representing state or federal interests in STEMM
- Individual(s) applying STEMM training/education in non-STEMM careers/sectors (see STEMM Careers 2023 Guide for professions/sectors)
- Individual(s) providing professional or career development support
- Individual(s) with STEMM workforce expertise
- Individual(s) with staffing/recruiting companies
- Other individuals with experiences or expertise in STEMM career development
Members of the group will be expected to attend several meetings in 2023 and 2024. Members of the ECP MWG are expected to abide by the AAAS Code of Conduct for Meetings, Events and Workshops. Members of the ECP MWG must also acknowledge and agree to the Vaccination Requirement and Waiver of Liability for AAAS Events.
Members of the ECP MWG will be vital and critical volunteers; however, they are not official representatives of the association and do not act on behalf of AAAS.
Nominations will be accepted through 11:59pm Eastern Time on March 29, 2023. Nomination materials will be reviewed and a list of potential ECP MWG members will be presented to the AAAS Council. Individuals selected to serve on the ECP MWG will be notified via email. The first in-person convening of the ECP MWG will be held on April 26-27, 2023, at AAAS headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Submit your nominations via the online portal.