SHOT Annual Meeting: Submitting proposals for Traditional Sessions (3-4 papers)
Society for the History of Technology (SHOT)
Annual Meeting – New Orleans (Louisiana)
7-11 October 2020
The deadline for submitting proposals is 28 February 2020.
Proposals for complete sessions must include:
- A description of the session’s theme of one page (maximum 500 words)
- A one-page list of the presenters’ names, paper titles, and a brief description of how each paper will contribute to the overall theme (maximum 300 words)
- For each presenter: a one-page abstract (maximum 500 words) and a one-page short CV with current contact information (maximum 300 words each) (If any presenter would like to be considered for the Robinson Prize, please be sure to indicate this on their abstract page AND send the SHOT secretary a separate email indicating this, at [email protected] For Robinson Prize eligibility rules, click here.)
- A one page CV for the session organizer, including the session organizer’s current contact information (maximum 300 words)
- A one page CV for the commentator (if any), and chair, including current contact information (maximum 300 words each)
The session organizer should combine these five elements into one pdf file with numbered pages. Please name this file with your last name and the word “proposal,” e.g., “smith_proposal.pdf “.
Proposals sponsored by one of SHOT’s special interest groups (SIGs) must note the affiliation in the session abstract.
Guidelines and advice for preparing an abstract for SHOT can be found here.
To submit a Traditional Session Proposal, click here.