Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find an overview with frequently asked questions. In case you have questions that are not answered in the list below, please contact the SHOT Secretariat ([email protected]). We will monitor the SHOT mailbox also during the SHOT 2020 Virtual Forum.
- Does it matter what kind of browser I use for the meeting? No. OpenWater can be used on all modern browsers and operating systems. For best results, OpenWater recommends using Google Chrome.
- SHOT 2020 Virtual Forum Participation Grants are available. You can find all information here.
Guide for Presenters
- Presenters, Chairs, and Commentators: In preparation for the event, please review the Guide for Presenters.
- In case you experience any problems a SHOT-host will be in the virtual meeting room. You can also contact [email protected] to contact the SHOT Helpdesk.
- In case you need help please contact the SHOT Secretariat at [email protected] You can reach the SHOT Secretariat Helpdesk during conference hours.
- Are SHOT and HSS meeting together? Yes! And your registration will give you access to both meetings (live and recorded). We are using a common meeting platform to ease your virtual travel from one meeting to another.
- What do you do after you registered to access the virtual conference platform?
Please go to the home page, https://hss-shot.secure-platform.com/a/
Click “Login with HSS-SHOT”In the next popup screen enter the e-mail you registered with and click “sign in”:
- You see the message “Success! Please check your e-mail for login instructions”.
- In your e-mail inbox you will find an email with a link to the secure platform
Click the link in the e-mail to access the virtual conference platform.
When you now go to the home page you will find that there is a message on the left side of the page saying “Welcome” and at the bottom of this box you find a “logout” option.
You can now access all sessions. Please note that you cannot “enter” a session until the session is actually live, but you can view the pre-recorded presentations before the meeting. Please note that not all sessions have pre-recorded presentations!
- The conference platform doesn’t recognize my e-mail address? Please make sure that you use the same e-mail address that you used for registration.
- Where can I find the SHOT 2020 Virtual Forum Program? A downloadable PDF version of the program can be found here. You will also find the program on the OpenWater Conference System after you login.
- We plan on 1-hour sessions with a 30-minute break in between. Presenters will be asked to adjust their talks for a virtual environment and to hold to a strict time line. Presenters, panelists, chairs and commentators can enter their virtual meeting room 15 minutes before the starting time of the session.
- A moderator will be present in every meeting room to assist presenters, panelists, chairs and commentators setting up their session, solving problems and opening the waiting room.
- The sessions will be live, for some sessions prerecorded material will be available.
- Will sessions be recorded? Plenary and parallel sessions listed on the SHOT 2020 Virtual Session program will be recorded. Recordings can be viewed on the OpenWater Conference System until one month after the meeting.
- I am not sure if I am registered. How can I tell? You should have received a confirmation email with the subject, “The Joint HSS/SHOT Virtual Forum Registration Confirmation”. Registration is available on the Virtual Forum website.
- The schedule is set up in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). On the landing page of the OpenWater conference platform you will find a time converter.
- Using Zoom: Please find a basic Zoom training in this . 30 minute on demand training