|$500 Cash Prize
A Publishing & Presentation Opportunity
Please encourage your students, interns, and/or volunteers to submit a paper for the 2023 Sacknoff Prize for Space History and . The deadline is share our flyer with them 28 November 2023. This is a great opportunity to brush up a class paper or repurpose a thesis chapter!
About the Prize
Awarded since 2011, the Sacknoff Prize for Space History is designed to encourage original research by university students—undergraduate or graduate—in the field of space history.
The prize is open to all students and is not limited to those at United States institutions. (Papers written by a team of students are also accepted.) Students must be enrolled at an educational institution at the time of submission and working toward a degree: undergraduate, graduate, or military. Papers already published or scheduled for publication in another journal will NOT be accepted.
In addition to the $500 cash prize, the winning paper will be published in the peer-reviewed history journal, Quest: The History of Spaceflight Quarterlyand will be given the opportunity to present their paper at the annual meeting to the Albatross Special Interest Group on aerospace. Society for the History of Technology
Although works must be historical in character, they can draw on other disciplines—such as culture studies, literature, communications, economics, engineering, and science. Possible historical subjects include, but are not limited to:
- Historical aspects of space institutions and their leaders
- Case studies of companies and space business activities
- International efforts and programs
- Space technology development
- Human flight and robotic exploration programs
- Regulation of space businesses
- Politics and policies impacting space activities from a historical perspective
- Financial and economic aspects of the space industry
- The social effects of spaceflight
- The space environment
- Space system design, engineering, and safety
Learn More About the Prize
For questions or additional information, please contact us at email@example.com