Click here to join or renew now!(opens in new tab)
Benefits of SHOT Membership
Membership in the Society for the History of Technology connects you to some fifteen hundred like-minded individuals in thirty-five countries, professionals and academics who range across dozens of fields and disciplines.
Two views of a 16th century astrolabe
- Four issues of Technology and Culture, published by Johns Hopkins University Press, the preeminent journal in the field, which features research, reviews, and criticism spanning the full spectrum of writing on the history of technology
- SHOT’s E-Newsletter (paper edition upon request) which contains information about Society activities and news about its members
- Special member registration rates for the SHOT annual meeting, an international conference that brings together the best new scholarship in every field in the history of technology
- Special discounts available from Johns Hopkins University Press
Plus, your membership supports the broader intellectual and social mission of the society:
- To publish the best international scholarship in the history of technology, in print and online, through Technology and Culture.
- To foster interdisciplinary conversation and cooperation among historians of technology and technology professionals, through its annual meeting and other efforts, such as the society’s various special interest groups and social networking initiatives.
- To encourage and support new scholarship in the history of technology through an extensive program of grants and awards
- To disseminate news of interest to those interested in the history of technology, through the annual newsletter and the website.
For more information, please contact the SHOT Secretary’s office at SHOT.Sec[email protected]
Automobile calendar for 1906
Individual subscription/membership rates: regular $84 for one year, $144 for two years (14% reduction); student $25; emeritus $44.
You may join SHOT as an individual member or renew your membership online. For Institutional Subscriptions, see Institutional Subscriptions to Technology & Culture below.
If you prefer to join or renew by telephone or mail, please contact the Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Division, 410.516.6987 (or toll-free 800.548.1784 within the U.S.), [email protected].
Please direct queries and claims concerning address changes, subscription/membership payments, or missing issues to Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Division, as per above.
Institutional Subscriptions to Technology & Culture
Three options for institutional subscriptions to Technology and Culture are available: paper only, electronic only (through Project Muse), or paper and electronic combined. For details visit the Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Division.